Reflection: Black History

     Starting off the first day of Black History Month, a poem I read along with my class was "The Negro Speaks of Rivers". From my understanding this poem represents history of the black race in a time where they were being discriminated against. There was this question we had to answer and it was, "How are rivers like the blood that flows through human veins?". It really made me think, because when you compare and river and blood, they both flow continuously and only stops when something stops them. So I thought that was really interesting.

    Also there's this idea that in the beginning of time, everyone originated from Africa and overtime everyone moved further away. That's how we have Europe, Asia, Caribbean islands. Everyone believes differently so it's just a thought, but I did hear it from someone when I was in middle school so I thought it was really cool that it came up again.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

5/17

Reflection 3/19

Rhetoric of Place